Allergies and Asthma
Board Certified Internal Medicine & Primary Care located in San Ramon, CA
About Dr. Temkin
“I consider myself a very proactive physician. I focus on getting my patients looking and feeling their best.”
Many children and adults suffer from allergies and asthma. Beyond the sniffling and sneezing and coughing and wheezing, these health conditions can present complications that significantly impact quality of life and even lead to hospitalization. As a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Michael Temkin has a unique perspective on conditions such as allergies and asthma and can offer effective treatment to alleviate symptoms and prevent them in the future. Call or book online to schedule an appointment at his office in San Ramon, California.
Allergies and Asthma Q & A
Why do allergies and asthma often occur together?
What types of things cause allergies?
Eight common food allergens are responsible for nearly 90% of food allergies:
- Milk (mostly in children)
- Tree nuts, like walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, brazil nuts, and pecans
- Fish (mostly in adults)
- Shellfish (mostly in adults)
What is asthma?
Things that trigger asthma vary from person to person and can include:
- Airborne substances, such as pollen, dust mites, or mold
- Animal dander
- Cold air
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Respiratory infections like colds
- Smoke or smog
- Strong emotions and stress
- Sulfites and preservatives added to some types of foods and beverages